On the Agenda for Monday’s Council meeting (pages 18-20 of the packet) is Approve RFP for Prosecuting City Attorney Services. Evidently, the process for selecting civil legal services is proceeding with the four finalists but they’re starting over for criminal prosecutorial services. It’s not really clear why, other than the oblique statement: (continued)
As a result of the interview process and discussions with the firms being interviewed, the interview panel believes it is in the best interest of the city to further solicit additional firms for criminal prosecutorial legal services at this time.
The REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR ATTORNEY SERVICES, JUNE 2009 (RFP) was approved by the Northfield City Council in June. On the agenda for the Aug. 31 Council work session: Update on City Attorney selection process.
In the June 26 Friday Memo, Deb Little, City Clerk, wrote:
The schedule for the City Attorney RFP process has been revised due to scheduling conflicts. The revised schedule is as follows:
- City Council Approval of RFP: June 15, 2009
- Advertisement of RFP begins: June 18, 2009
- Deadline for RFP: July 13, 2009 – 4:30 p.m.
- Review RFP’s: July 20 – 24, 2009
- Interviews: August 10 – 14, 2009 *
- Update City Council on process: August 17, 2009 *
- Consideration of approval of selected firm and award of contract by the City Council: Late August or early September 2009 *
- New contract begins: January 1, 2010
* Proposed dates subject to change