Last fall, I whined loudly with my Red Cross mishandles a blood donation appointment blog post. Now it’s time for kudos.
Local volunteer Cindy Anderson (pictured here from a 2008 blood drive) phoned me last week about scheduling an appointment for next week’s blood drive. I told her I preferred to make an appointment via their website and she graciously called back a day later with the details. It works slick. A day later, I even used it to change my appointment time. Here are the links/steps:
- Go to: Give Blood Give Life
- Select MN from the map and you end up here.
- Select Donate Blood/Donate Blood Now in the upper right and you end up here.
- Input 55057 zip code and select 5 miles for the radius and you’ll get a database generated webpage of all the upcoming dates/locations for local blood drives including those at the Northfield Ballroom next Tues and Wed and at Culver’s on Sat.
- Click on a location and you’ll be give a list of timeslots indicating which ones are taken and which are available.
- Click on your choice and you’re then prompted to login with either your Donor ID or your Name and DOB.
- You’re then sent an email confirmation (see image). Hang onto it in case you need to change your appointment like I needed to.
See all the LoGroNo blood donation blog posts.
Also see this week’s Nfld News story, One pint given, up to three saved, with quotes from our neighbor, long-time Red Cross volunteer Sandy Pieri.