The complaints are pouring in to Northfield City Hall about Whitestone Cleaner’s sandwich board that reads “Drop your pants here.” Some of the citizens are particularly incensed that it’s right across the street from the Main Street Moravian Church.
There are several Northfield area businesses using similar sexual innuendo in their advertising. And others are using scatalogical innuendo.
“This trend is a blight on our city and it really frosts my balls,” said Red Ruffensor, Executive Director of the Northfield Convention and Visitors Bureau. “I will be asking the Northfield Planning Commission to tighten up the sign ordinance.”
The list of area businesses and their slogans which offend some:
- "Let us remove your shorts," Northfield Electric
- "Can’t get it up?" Cannon Valley Winching service
- "Let us strip for you," Dundas Furniture Repair
- "Get your buns in here," Dundas Bakery
- "We kick ash," Rice County Air Duct Cleaning
- "Let us lighten your load," River City Diaper Service
- "A good flush beats a full house," Cannon Valley Plumbing
- “A great place to take a leak," Rice County Radiator Service
- "We’re number one in the number two business," Northfield Sanitation