In early June, the Northfield City Council published its Strategic Direction for 2010 (5-page PDF). Strategic Direction 1 of 3 was: "Continuously improving communication with staff, citizen advisory groups and community."
Let’s take a closer look to see how the Council is doing on these with one month to go.
Goal #1: Develop and implement a communication plan for 2010 Council Goals.
- 1.1.1 Establish Council Goals.
- 1.1.2 Communicate Council Goals to staff.
- 1.1.3 Communicate Council Goals to citizen advisory groups.
- 1.1.4 Communicate Council Goals to public.
Goal #2 Develop and implement a plan for sustainable citizen communication.
- 1.2.1 Complete laser fiche project.
- 1.2.2 Update city website/sustain and improve city website.
- 1.2.3 Add council pages to website (info, liaisons, map of ward, area of interest).
- 1.2.4 Consider including social media as part of communications plans.
- 1.2.5 Establish face-to-face communication plan.
- 1.2.6 Evaluate cable broadcast.
- 1.2.7 Consider live streaming.
- 1.2.8 Maximize print/traditional media use.
Goal #3 Involve citizens/groups in work of the City
- 1.3.1 Establish book of projects format and approval process.
- 1.3.2 Establish adopt a park procedure and oversight.