A couple weeks ago I visited one of the planning meetings at LBSA by Northfield area non-profit leaders who were working on how to best position their organizations for this week’s Give to the Max Day by GiveMN. Some of the participants:
It was cool to see the level of collaboration for what they’re calling Northfield Gives. Key word: leverage!
From the 5th Bridge Northfield Gives page:
On November 15th, 2012, your on-line donation of $10 or more to your favorite participating charity or school, could win that organization one of 5 local “golden ticket” grants of up to $1000, one of 24 statewide $1000 “golden ticket” grants, one statewide “Super Golden Ticket” worth $10,000 and could possibly put that organization on the Give MN Leader board earning them additional grants up to $15,000.
In addition, many organizations have challenge grants which could further amplify your gift. So you could say that Give to the Max Day is your chance to Give for the Max, because your gift could become so much more.
To encourage donors in the Northfield area, local sponsors are offering 5 “golden ticket” grants of up to $1000, to participating local organizations (listed below). Drawings will be held at noon and 8pm on November 15th (winning donations will be posted on the 5th Bridge website, 5th Bridge Facebook page and announced on available local media sources). So give generously and give often to increase the chances of your organization winning. “Friend” 5th Bridge on Facebook for exciting updates throughout the day and for ongoing notices of volunteer opportunities.
The participating organizations:
- Cannon River Watershed Partnership (CRWP)
- Community Action Center of Northfield
- Friends and Foundation of the Northfield Library
- Friends of Way Park
- Healthfinders Collaborative
- HOPE Center
- Laura Baker Services Association
- Northfield Area Family YMCA
- Northfield Area United Way
- Northfield Arts Guild
- Northfield Downtown Development Corporation
- Northfield Healthy Community Initiative
- Northfield Historical Society
- Northfield Montessori
- Northfield Nursery School
- Northfield Union of Youth (NUY)
- Old Prairieville Cemetery
- Prairie’s Edge Humane Society
- Rice County Habitat for Humanity
- Save the Northfield Depot
- Vintage Band Festival
- WINGS (Women In Northfield Giving Support)
Of course, there are many other area non-profit organizations, projects, fundraisers and teams participating in GiveMN’s Give to the Max Day. Just go to their website and search for ‘Northfield’ or ’55057′ and you’ll see them.