Ross was AWOL yesterday so Tracy put on her PC-ZBA hat and I pretended to be interested, asking her about the latest with the annexations in Greenvale and Bridgewater townships as well as the Land Development Code. We introduced the show with lots of fun fluff, natch.
Greenvale Township resident Ann Occhiato wrote us earlier this week, asking that we start a discussion thread here on LoGroNo about the proposed Greenvale Township wind farm. Ann has a letter to the editor in the Wed. Northfield News, opposing the wind farm. Background:
- Oct. 22 Pressville: After Wind Farm Plan is Downsized, Doubts Still Swirl
- Oct. 12 Dakota Cty Trib: Local windmill farm proposal stirs concerns
- Sep. 26 Nfld News: Wind farm plans go back to the drawing board
- Sep. 1 Nfld News: Reactions to wind farm mixed
- Jul. 29 Nfld News: 11-turbine wind farm could come to Greenvale
The annexation agreement, among other things, indicates how much Northfield would reimburse Greenvale for the property taxes the township will lose when 530 acres of undeveloped farmland goes onto the city’s tax rolls. Northfield is annexing the land to attract industrial developers in the hopes of widening the tax base and creating jobs.