Northfield Rotary held their Summer Social on Thursday night and a variety of yard games were part of the festivities. I snapped a series of photos of Pastor Clay Oglesbee, the most prolific blogger in southeast Northfield (see his Soul to Sole blog), in the heat of competition. Click photos to enlarge.
- Photo 1: the manly way to get psyched up for the softball toss. He was 0 for 3.
- Photo 2: the correct form for the peanut toss. He was 0 for 7.
- Photo 3: the beanbag toss. Denied at 5 and 3 yards, he took aim from 12 inches. Denied.
- Photo 4: Clay’s wife, Mary Lynn, enjoyed great success at the peanut toss. Clay’s facial reaction to her success is obscured in the photo by her hand. Sooo…
- Photo 5: I digitally removed her hand from the previous photo and zoomed in to reveal his face. You be the judge.
“What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.” — Friedrich Nietzsche