The NDDC and the Northfield Chamber of Commerce co-hosted a special community meeting today at the Grand. The groups are working together under contract with the Northfield Economic Development Authority to develop greater coordination of retail strategies.
- Identify the groups and programs that currently support retail
- Search for the commonalities between retailers
- Generate ideas on the “gaps” in our retail mix
- Identify the challenges and opportunities in filling these gaps
- Generate concepts for increased retail leverage from tourism
Ross Currier has a reaction to the forum on the NDDC blog titled Positive Attitudes Prevail at Forum. Anne Bretts has a post titled Downtown talkers move dangerously close to action. Ray Cox has a post on his Northfield Construction Company weblog.
Update 2/7, 3 PM: Ross Currier has a new blog post with a 10-page PDF of the small group notes and 5 worksheets.