I drove by the new Water St. pedestrian promenade (I like that name better than ‘Sesquicentennial Legacy Plaza’) yesterday and noticed that the new kiosk is not being used.
The Harvest sculpture dedication is still promoted on the south side of the kiosk. The north side only has a downtown directory poster.
- Why isn’t there a NHS Auction poster there? It’s coming up on Saturday.
- Why isn’t there a Fiber Optic Open House poster there? It’s tonight.
I don’t know who’s in charge of the new kiosk but clearly they’re dropping the ball.
- Maybe Neuger Communications should take care of it. Their offices are right there on Water St, about 100 feet away and they have a contract with the City for PR/communications.
- Maybe By All Means Graphics should take care of it. They produce the NEG and many/most of the event posters in town.
- Maybe the NDDC should take care it since a vibrant downtown is their mission.
- Maybe Northfield.org should take care of it since they are the go-to web site for local events.
We taxpayers spent a shitload of money on this fantastic pedestrian promenade. It’d be nice to see the kiosk used effectively. Starting this week.
11/10 update: Jim Bohnhoff, Bohnhoff Design, sent me these PDFs and attached an explanation in comment #15 of the discussion thread.
12/21 Upate: Jim Bohnhoff emailed me his latest draft of the downtown directory for the Kiosk with the sponsorship ads in place: