Our studio guest this week: Kathie Galotti, parent of two K-12 students and Professor of Psychology and Cognitive Science at Carleton College, discussing the flap over the proposed district-wide 1 hr late start/early release on Mondays next year. I’ve turned off comments on this blog post. Continue the discussion (over 80 comments thus far) attached to Kathie’s Feb. 17 blog post, My objections to the proposed changes to the school calendar.
Links to calendar-related items on the School District’s web site.
- Survey (straw poll)
- Important Background Information
- Proposed 2009-2010 Calendar (before Labor Day start) en Español
- Proposed 2009-2010 Calendar (after Labor Day start) en Español
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Proposed 2009-2010 School Calendars with weekly one-hour late start or early release for Professional Learning Communities en Español
- Additional Calendar Questions and Answers
- Professional Learning Community Advocates Research
- A Big Picture Look at Professional Learning Communities